1.12.2014

here we go! 2014 Project Life Title Page



First, I just wanted to thank everyone for the great feedback on the Collect Photo App video tutorial. I've been wanting to share for a long time now and it just felt like I couldn't put if off any longer. Yes, I'm a perfectionist! And I work a lot. So that doesn't mix well for me with blogging regularly. Yes, there are people that can do it. I just happen to need some work in that area. And that's ok.

As part of the things I'm working on this year, one thing that I want to improve on is overcoming my perfectionism a bit. "Embrace imperfection" is what they say. I'm working on it a little at a time. Basically, I just want to get more things done. Finished. Be okay with them not being perfect. 

The reason I wanted to bring this up is because like many of you, I've been intrigued for quite a few years now on the idea of documenting my everyday life and using pocket pages like Project Life® to bring it all together. In my class at Big Picture Classes -- Project Life Lessons, I share my history with Project Life. Not the shiny, perfected or finished volumes you might expect. No, I'm here today admitting I haven't finished one completely. Nope, not one.

And that's okay. (deep breath here)

Because what we are attempting to do is quite amazingly daunting! To not only live our crazy busy and imperfect lives, but to then attempt to document it with photos and words and whatever products we want to add. And then, some are able to share it regularly! I just think it's amazing that we do this. I really do try to cheer on anyone attempting to do this. I truly do think it's amazing…and worth it.

So, to keep from rambling on way too long, I'll just say that 2013 was my best attempt at completing a Project Life album. I started very strong after I found the app Collect, and started using that to collect my photos and stories, and then simply printing those cards out. The nice thing is, I have a basic structure to my albums, and all I really need to do is export and print out a few more months, finish up some overview journaling and call it good. I'm actually pretty close.

And I'm pretty excited about that.

Which leads me to 2014. I debated how to set up my album. Would I continue with the same approach that I had in 2013? Change it up? Monthly? Weekly? Both? In the end, I'm keeping it the same (which is both.)  I'll post more about that in some upcoming posts hopefully this week. I'm trying to overcome thinking I have to share everything in one post. Hoping to be a bit more regular this year.

So without further rambling, here is my title page for 2014. I'm using a Design A Becky Higgins Project Life® page protector as the title and the intro page for each month (more info to come on that.)

My best advice for creating a title page if you are starting out? Keep it simple. Follow the placement cards in your Project Life® kit if you would like, add a photo, your name and the year and call it good.





For this year I am using Paislee Press printables, and printables from the digital Midnight edition of Project Life + pieces from my stash including from the Studio Calico Project Life® kit. The adventure transparency is from Tina Azmus (Life Love Paper) and was in one of the Studio Calico kits last year. The star paper is from Cosmo Cricket. White border added to the photo using a Tracy Larsen template from her Simply White collection. Here is another look at it in my album. Love that you can see a card from the next page peeking through the transparency. 




Planning on posting more of my plans and process this week, including how I use the Collect app photos cards. Thanks for all of your support and if you have questions, I'm happy to help!

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic! I hear you on the perfectionism thing. I have three "work in progress" folders full of unfinished scrapbooking layouts because I can't finish them because they aren't perfect, and I'm just missing the perfect title, or embellishment or font, or journal pen or I can't quite work out whether to put this element here or there or leave it off altogether .... And none of my four previous PL albums are finished either, though last year's is also pretty close.
    I love your title page! Can't wait to see how your album comes together over the year :-)

    ReplyDelete